Sunday, June 06, 2010

Updated links, XMLStarlet

Just a small message to let you know that I have updated my links list. Big thanks to these good sites/blogs that I read regularly via their RSS/Atom feeds.

To create this list, I exported my subscriptions from Google Reader and used XMLStarlet to easily parse the XML.
for N in $(xmlstarlet sel -t -m '/opml/body/outline' -v "@title" -n $F); do
  echo "# $N"
  xmlstarlet sel -t -m "/opml/body/outline[@title='$N']/outline" -v "@title" -o '|' -v '@htmlUrl' -n $F
done > subscriptions
# manual edit to remove some things
grep -v '^#' subscriptions |sort |awk 'BEGIN{FS="|"} {if ($0!="") print "<a href=\""$2"\">"$1"</a><br />"}' > feeds.html
Some resources about XMLStarlet.

Update 2011: too many feeds to fit nicely on the blog so I removed it. If you are looking for feeds, check out infond's or eikonal's.

No comments:

Post a Comment